Monday, March 21, 2011

The Weekend

These are some of my amazing sorority sisters.  I am a Delta Zeta and have been since 2007.  I love my sisters to death.  As you can tell by this picture, we can sometimes be a dysfunctional group of girls...but, we love being a part of Delta Zeta.
Had a crazy weekend so I haven't had time to write on here until now.  Saturday I went shopping with my mom all dayyyyyyyy from 11 til about 5:30.  Then I came home and had to shower and get ready and eat dinner before 8.  I ended up going to Hoboken with my friend Sara and we met up with a few other people there.  It was my first time actually going to a bar there and we had a great time! We ended up meeting up with my cousin and her boyfriend at a club ...which had good music, but the people in there were pretty old and creep status.  We were leaving and I found out that friends of mine were at a bar down the street, so I ended up meeting them to say hello because I hadn't seen them in months.  After, we ended up heading home and Sara and I shared a ziti pizza slice on the way hahaha.  (what a mess that was! But delicious).  It's a good thing I had a few points left that day so I was able to keep on track with my weight watchers!



I love taking pictures of the sunrise more than anything! It's so relaxing to get up and see the sunrise in the summer when I'm down the shore.  My family and friends sometimes think I'm nuts for waking up so early...but, it's truly a magical experience.  I suggest everyone watch the sunrise over the ocean at least once in their life!
Sunday morning I woke up and had a lazy start with my mom.  We snuggled with the dogs for about an hour and then had a healthy breakfast.  We decided to go furnirture shopping because we need a new kitchen table and a new couch for the den.  Dad wasn't as into it as mom and I were, but he was a trooper.  We ended up going to Spain Inn in Piscataway for an early dinner.  When we were pulling up to the restaurant, I noticed a small fire on the playground at the school across the street.  I asked my parents if I should call 9-1-1 and my dad said no and that the fire would go out since it was probably just rocks and dirt.  Well..boy was he wrong! By the time we pulled into the parking spot and looked over, the smoke was so black and the fire had engulfed the area.  We had the owner of the restaurant call for help but some kids walking by had already called.  The owner was telling us that the section of the playground that was on fire, was actually all made out of old tires and rubber.  The large boulder in the middle was even made out of rubber...which is why the fire spread so quickly.  Of course, since I've never seen a fire like that...I took pictures and a video.   The firefighters got the fire under control in like 2 minutes...although it took them like 15 to get there.  Crazy! But anyways, after a nice dinner we went home and had some family time on the couch.  A nice end to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment