Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

This is a picture of one of my oldest and best friends and I.  Sara and I have been friends since first grade!
St. Patrick's day was an interesting day at work.  All the resident's were decked out in their "Irish for a day" clothing.  They had a Shamrock Shake Social to celebrate (vanilla milkshakes with green food coloring).  I, of course, rocked my obnoxious bow headband to work to show my irish spirit.  I spent most of the day working on stuff for the director of nursing again and training the maintenance director's son.  I didn't have time to really worry about Facebook, which was nice.  I think now I'm getting used to not having Facebook and actually enjoying other things.  I actually went to the park today with my 3 year old neighbor so her dad could cook some corned beef and cabbage.  She made me go down the slide with her (mind you I was still in my work clothes haha), as well as going on all the other equipment with her.  Lifting her up and down on the monkey bars was a workout in itself...but it was fun having an excuse to play on the playground haha.  After the playground we went back to my neighbors house where my mom came over to give some tips on how to cook corned beef.  The 3 year old wanted to play school so I played along...and then she put my mom in detention...for no reason. haha.  She's too funny.  When I got home I decided to Zumba on the wii.  I did the whole 45 minute workout and then did some crunches and push-ups.  Needless to say, I'm sticking to the diet pretty well and hopefully I'll see improvements soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment