Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bye-Bye fishy

My Second Family. 
They are the nicest, most generous people in the world!  I love them so much and it makes me sad that we live so far away from each other....but we keep in touch often!


Sorry again for not updating this last night, but I figure that doing it the next morning is just as good.  So yesterday work went by really fast.  I don't know if it's because we set our clocks ahead or what.  I didn't really have an urge to go on Facebook at all yesterday.  I spent most of the day listening to stories from my 102 year old friend.  She was telling me about the time she met Eleanor Roosevelt and she showed me the picture of her and her husband with Eleanor...and it was signed!  That's seriously an amazing memory for her to have and a piece of history! I was amazed by her story.  She told me stories of when she was younger, the dates she went on in Central Park, how her sister married a wealthy man, and how she was happy with all the memories she had and the long life she is living.  I hope to be as positive and spunky as she is when I get older.  When I got home from work, I asked my mom how my fish were doing since one of them seemed to be sinking rather than swimming.  She said they were fine so I went upstairs to my room to check on them and there was only one fish in there.  I thought I was going crazy until she came upstairs and said I'm really sorry but Ke$ha your fish didn't make it.  Then she proceeded to go into the bathroom and handed me another small container with a fish in it.  She went out of her way and went back to Petsmart to get me another fish so I wouldn't be sad.  I have to say, I have the best mom ever.  Why she didn't do this when I had my goldfish Goldie that died when I was 4, I'm not sure.  That time her and my dad told me they let Goldie go in Round Valley.  Like a gullible little girl, I would go there almost every weekend just to say hi to Goldie.  Little did I know, Goldie was NOT in Round Valley.  Goldie was a goldfish I won at a fair and he grew a tumor on the side of his head.  He grew to be too big for his bowl so we had to get him a bigger one.  Well, one day mom and dad found Goldie dead and tried to flush him down the toilet...since he was too big to fit down there, they said they had to basically chop him and force him down the toilet.  Traumatizing story I know...and to think, up until about 4 years ago I really thought Goldie was in Round Valley...jerks! haha.  But anyways, the new fish is named Miley... typical I know :-)  ...  We put Miley into the bowl with GAGA and I didn't have the lid on it because I wanted to see how they interacted with each other.  My mom and I were taking a closer look into the bowl and all of a sudden GAGA came from the bottom of the bowl and full steam ahead shot up and jumped at our faces with her mouth wide open!  I never screamed so loud in my life and my mom and I ran to the other side of the room as if it was going to bite our heads off.  I have to say it was pretty hysterical! Other than that, my day was pretty uneventful.  I got to video chat with my biffy (who's in the picture above with me and her fam) for an hour.  We had a lot to catch up on since she lives in Cape Cod and I'm here in Jersey and we haven't seen each other since January! This is the longest we've gone without seeing each other since graduation in May...crazy! But, she's coming to visit in April...I can't wait!!!! Well now it's time for another eventful day at work.  Hope you all have a good day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment