Monday, March 14, 2011

A Fishy Sunday

Here's a picture of the new fish or at least the best picture I could get of them haha.  Gaga is on the left and Ke$ha is the blue blob on the right.  Love them!
Sorry I didn't get to post this yesterday, I was busy enjoying family time!  Yesterday was an amazing day.  Usually Sunday's I spend with my parent's, but yesterday I was lucky enough to spend time with my grandparents and aunt and uncle as well.  The day started off pretty slow.  I decided to clean my room and helped mom clean the house.  Dad thought it would be a smart idea to wash the kitchen floor with acid...yes I said acid.  He's crazy and doesn't read directions.  So, the whole house smelled like acid.  My mom and I took a ride to Petsmart so I could get my new fishy friends.  I ended up getting two female Betta fish and named them GAGA and Ke$ha because they both stood out from the rest  and were a little crazy.  While at Petsmart I saw a dog that I absolutely must have at some point in my life... a Newfoundland! These dogs were absolutely beautiful...and HUGE! When we got home from Petsmart my grandparent's were already there.  I got GAGA and Ke$ha settled into their new home and then spent some time with my family.  We had our St. Patrick's day dinner last night since it was more convenient for everyone...corned beef, cabbage, irish soda bread...the whole nine yards.  it was DELICIOUS ...thanks to my mom! After our feast, my aunt and uncle stopped by to say hello.  I showed them my new bedroom and then we all watched some old home movies together.  We all got a little teared up watching videos with my Great Grandma Angie, Great Grandpa Ralph, and Great Grandma Hannah in them since they have since passed on.  It was nice to look back at all the memories all together.  My aunt and uncle left around 9 and I turned on Army Wives which we watch every week! I'm obsessed with it to say the least.  And since we lost an hour of sleep yesterday, I got ready for bed right after the show was over at 10.   Needless to say, it was a pretty busy day yesterday so I didn't really have time to worry about Facebook...which was a good thing!

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better my fish Sparkles didn't even last 24 hours. 99% sure that the turtle statue killed her. She somehow got wedged under it....my bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that does make me feel a little better :-) thanks heidi! love you

    ReplyDelete