Monday, March 28, 2011

weekend catch-up

Taking pictures of random things makes me happy.  This was taken outside of one of our favorite restaurants...the Spain Inn.  It had just rained and the flower looked so pretty!

This weekend was slightly crazy for me.  Saturday I went shopping all day with my mom and grandma.  Mom did some damage...spent $700.  I got offered a job by the owner of the store because she was so impressed by how I handled my mom while shopping...basically forcing here to try everything and anything on. haha.  She needed a good shopping trip though, she really never goes shopping because she hates it.  After spending about 2 hours in one store, we went to pick up grandma at our house and went to DSW.  I wear a size 10 or 11 shoe, so I usually hate shoe shopping.  This time was nice though.  I think DSW just got a new shipment in because every shoe I liked had my size! Needless to say, I bought 4 pairs of shoes.  But in my defense, that's a rare occasion.  After buying shoes, we had to run over to the nail salon because we had a 5:00 appointment...of course we didn't make it until 5:15.  Typical.  Grandma and I had a nice manicure, while mom had a relaxing pedicure.  If I had enough money, I'd get my nails and toes done every few days...it's so relaxing!  By the time we got home we had to rush to get ready because we were going out to dinner for my cousins birthday.  We ended up going to this place Angelina's in Staten Island... the food was good but wayyyyy overpriced in my opinion.  Our bill was outrageous because my dad and uncle thought it would be a good idea to take shots of soco and lime...and not just one round, 4! 4 shots for 11 people each..=crazy! But, we did have a good time and good laughs. 


The New York Yankees are by far my favorite baseball team ever!  I love going to the games and getting to experience them in person.  It makes me happy that I get to share the experience with my dad.  He's one of the biggest Yankees fans and taught me all about baseball!
Sunday I had a bridal shower to go to. It was for one of my best friends sisters'.  She was so surprised and got just about everything she needs for a new home with her hubby!  It's so surreal to me.  Sara and I used to listen through her wall to spy on her sister and her friends.  We would hear them talk about school dances, boys, parties, and we would be so jealous!  They would have sleepovers and Sara and I would try to crash them...they were not too happy with us.  We recently found out the real reason as to why they didn't want us joining in on their sleepover.  They would sleep in the basement under the pool table with all blankets on top of it to create a fort.  Well we thought they were sleeping...but little did we know, they would wait til we were asleep and sneak out the basement window! Too funny, we were so naive back then!  I miss being young and carefree...only worrying about pointless things in life.  Life was so much easier back then!  Well I hope this week goes by fast because Baseball season kicks off on Thursday!!! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment