Thursday, March 24, 2011

busy busy bee

Frozen drinks make me happy and so does American Idol...combine the two together and It makes me super happy! Especially when you have a few frozen drinks and watch idol together with a good friend!


I've been so busy lately that I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and write on here since Sunday! I'm such a slacker...sorry!  But, I guess being busy is good..since I'm not occupying my time with facebook anymore.  Monday was a sad day at work.  I found out one of the residents passed away.  He was such a sweet guy, 93 years old.  Everyday I would give him his newspaper along with a baggie that the newspapers came in, and some rubber bands.  He loved them and jam packed his pockets with them.  He was a big Yankee fan, so we always talked about how great the Yankees are.  Everyday I'd ask him how he was doing and he would always reply "I'm fine, I'm always fine...I'm almost 94 years old...no use in complaining."  He would bring me banana's and cookies all day while I was working ...he was such a sweetheart and will be greatly missed.  Monday night I decided I would cook dinner.  Mom bought turkey burgers to make, so I found a great weight watchers recipe to spice it up a bit.  I shredded garlic, onion, and squash...along with some pepper and salt, and mixed it in with the turkey patties that my mom bought.  They were delicious!  You are really suppose to use zucchini and not squash but the squash worked just as well! I also made a nice salad to go along with the turkey burgers (which we didn't eat on a bun...too many points!) and my mom made some nice baked veggies. 

Looking up at the moon and the stars always relaxes me.  The moon has looked pretty amazing lately because it's the closest it's been to earth in a long time.

Tuesday felt like a long day.  I think the weekend finally caught up to me by Tuesday and I felt like I could sleep all day!  Since it was nice out, I decided to go for a walk with my friend Sara and her dog Holly.  I obviously couldn't bring Maggie because chances are that she would attack Holly.  But, I did bring Dallas because he loves all dogs...except it's more like he's walking me when we go for a walk.  I hadn't been on a walk in so long and it felt so good to be outside and getting a little exercise in.  By the time we got home, Dallas was exhausted! Mom was glad I tired him out for once..plus, he needed some exercise as well.  My parents wanted to go look for a new kitchen table before we went out to dinner so we decided to stop at a store on 22.  Little did we know, it closed at 6 and it was already 6:30...oops!  We were arguing about where to go for dinner and we finally ended up at Vincenzo's in town.  I had an amazing meal, Salmon with roasted garlic and onions...DELICIOUS!  Their salad is my favorite...I don't know how they do it but, their dressing is so light and tasty...I could probably eat like 4 plates of it haha.  When we got home from dinner Mom and I watched Wheel of Fortune as usual...and Dad went outside to smoke a cigar with Dallas.  TBS had a Law and Order SVU marathon on (mine and Dad's favorite!) so we ended up watching that until bed time.  I sometimes think it's a bad idea to watch that right before bed because I usually have some crazy dreams.  But, I just can't get enough of that show!


Family time always makes me happy.  I love spending time with my parents and the dogs.  In this picture you can clearly see Dallas thinks he's a lap dog hahahah.

Wednesday was another rough day.  Another resident passed away.  I know it's a part of life...but it's still sad when someone passes away..even if they are 97.  I love working where I work but it does get a little sad on days like this.  You never get used to it, you just learn how to deal with it.  But, seeing my residents smiling faces everyday makes it worth working here.  Plus they give me a good laugh everyday which is great!  It snowed on Wednesday...even though it's suppose to be SPRING! I'm seriously so sick of this snow...it's slightly miserable!  Mom had a delayed opening so I was clearly jealous that she got to sleep a little longer than me.  Work was so slow for some reason... I don't know if it was the weather or what the situation was...but it was a long drawn out day.  Wednesday nights Mom and I go to our Weight Watcher's meeting.  Since it was our first weigh in and our completion of our first full week, I was excited and nervous at the same time.  I was hoping I didn't gain any weight...but I was also hoping I lost more than 1 pound.  So I stepped up on the scale first and I was down 4.2 pounds! I was so happy!   and Mom lost 6.2 pounds in a week! I was so happy for us and even announced it at the celebration part of the meeting!  So far so good, but we still have a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment